Federal Funding Programs
The sections below summarize the various federal funding programs and provide links to guidelines and other useful information for these programs.
In addition, local agencies can find information about and links to their projects in the Regional and State Transportation Improvement Programs, the Caltrans Local Assistance manuals, and other information necessary for working with SANBAG to implement and complete projects funded through federal funding programs.
- Federal Transportation Improvement Program
- Federal Funding Reimbursement
- Safe, Accountable, Flexible & Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003 (SAFETEA)
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program (CMAQ)
- Transportation Enhancement Activities Program (TEA)
- Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP)
- High-Priority Projects Program (Demonstration Projects)